Jakarta Private Tour Guide Travel Post
Decreasing number of active Covid-19 cases in Indonesia as of August 2021 has caused Indonesia government relaxing permits policy to entering Indonesia for foreigners. This policy stated in the latest immigration regulations through Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No.43 of 2021 dated September 15, 2021 concerning the Granting of Immigration Visas and Residence Permits in the Period of Handling the Spread of Covid-19 and National Economic Recovery.
As reported by Immigration site, the Head of Public Relations and General Affairs of the Director General of Immigration at the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Arya Pradhana Anggakara, said that the Minister of Law and Human Rights Decree No. 43 of 2021 was extended by granting entry permits to foreigners holding valid visas and residence permits. Thus, the latest policy to limit the entry of foreigners into Indonesia based on Regulation No. 27 of 2021 declared no longer valid.
This new immigration policy outline regulates travel to Indonesia as follows:
1. Re-open access to entry into Indonesia for Foreigners holding valid Visit Visas and Limited Visit Visas such as official visas and diplomatic visas. Other subjects who are granted permission to enter Indonesian territory are limited stay permits, permanent residence permits, APEC Business Travel Card (KPP) holders, transportation crews who come with their means of transportation, and international border crossers.
2. The subject can enter the territory of Indonesia through certain Immigration Checkpoints (TPI), after fulfilling the Covid-19 Health Protocol in accordance with the laws and regulations. The TPI in question are at: Soekarno-Hatta Airport Jakarta and Sam Ratulangi Airport Manado (via Air), Tunon Taka Nunukan Seaport, Batam Seaport Riau Islands, and Tanjung Pinang Seaport in Riau Islands (specifically for the repatriation of Indonesian workers) (via Sea), Aruk Sambas and Entikong Sanggau Kalimantan (via Land/Country Border Post).
3. Offshore visa services are reopened and applications for offshore visa approval can be submitted based on types of activities of foreigners in accordance with the provisions of the legislation. Applications are made online via the visa-online.imigration.go.id. Specifically, the application for a work visa is carried out through the tka-online.kemnaker.go.id.
4. Additional requirements for visa applicants according to point 3. are a complete dose of Covid-19 Vaccine Card/Certificate (except foreigners under 12 years old), negative Covid-19 Swab-PCR Test (when applying for an online visa, upon arrival at the airport and after Quarantine), 10-days Quarantine, Statement Letter willing to comply with the Health Protocol in Indonesia, as well as Proof of Possession of Health Insurance/Travel Insurance. If a foreigner does not have health insurance, then he must make a statement that he is willing to bear medical expenses independently if exposed to Covid-19 while in Indonesia.
Read Also : 5 Tips for Healthy and Safe Vacation in Indonesia During New Normal (One of: Consider Travel Insurance)
5. The Indonesian government may prohibit and refuse entry to foreigners from certain countries with a high rate of spread of Covid-19 based on information from the Ministry or Institution that carries out the handling of Covid-19.
When Bali Open for Foreign Tourists?
Meanwhile, Bali “the Island of Gods” is a long-awaited dream destination to be opened by world’s tourism. Summarized from the Detik media, there’s no definitely news regarding the opening of Bali. Indonesian government was very careful about this. The concept of a sandbox like in Phuket, Thailand may be one form. However, Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy, Sandiaga Uno, said that there was no definite time when Bali would open. Everything again depends on number of Covid-19 transmission in Bali, he said.
The opening of Bali still waiting for the fulfilment of the preconditions set, especially in areas that are in a low risk zone of transmission. Currently, only areas that included in ITDC area are already green zones. ITDC (Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation) covers Nusa Dua in Bali and Mandalika in Lombok, NTB. While other areas in Bali still need efforts to fulfill all indicators of readiness to open tourist destinations.
As an illustration, for period of August 23, 2021, province of Bali sets at PPKM Level 4. This means that Bali still waiting for the level to decrease. The total vaccination rate of Dose 1 was 91.02% and Dose 2 was 35.93%. The vaccination targets for the province of Bali include 3,405,130 vaccine recipients.
Also read: "PPKM Emergency” and Latest Policies Related to Indonesian Tourism
There are 994 Tourism and Creative Economy businesses that have been certified CHSE (Cleanliness, Health, Safety & Environmental Sustainability) in Bali Province and efforts are still being made to increase tourism business readiness with a target of 340 businesses in Badung Regency, 426 businesses in Gianyar Regency and 144 businesses in Denpasar .
Also read: Safe Travel: Travelers Need to Pay Attention to Indonesia CHSE Certification
The opening of Bali for international market will be carried out in stages, starting with simulations or trials first. The focus of Bali market will absolutely pay attention to conditions for handling Covid-19 in the origin country of tourists and will prohibit entry of countries in "Travel Ban" situated status regarding the handling of pandemic following the provisions of Covid-19 Task Force in Indonesia.
With the enactment of that immigration regulations and opening of Bali tourist destinations immediately, its hoped that tourism in Indonesia as one of the drivers country economic could start running and tourists from all over the world would enjoy Bali while still pay attention to health protocols applied during pandemic.
Share this article
All of Jakarta Private Tour Guide Host as Travel Guide: Rido Ivanus, Henryco Simon, Edu Lahar P., Suwarna Adi, Jonathan Alvin, Dibyo, Lawrence T., etc.